Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Second Life Lesson

Wow! My brain is fried! I just had my first lesson in Second Life, a world full of avatars! Peggy and Tom showed me around. They were so kind and patient. Good thing, I found myslef running into walls and turning in circles to the point of frustration toward the end of the hour-long session. I am really excited about this tool for distance learning. Peggy says her department has their faculty meetings in Second Life because department members are located all over the country, and the world. I would love to use this tool for TIC. If I could get folks from Winnemucca and other distant locations to try SL, maybe they would be willing to have class there, rather than using the interactive video. At any rate, this is something to consider.
I am pleased with myself and my new learning tonight! One more step, a huge step, toward techyness!

No comments:

Post a Comment